What’s In Your Vitamin?
Why do I need Vitamins or Supplements?
Fun Fact: Everyone needs more vitamins. Did you know that the average patient is significantly deficient in Vitamin D? While some fun in the sun helps – it will never be enough!
Most Americans are deficient in several important vitamins and nutrients. A significant vitamin or nutrient deficiency can be a factor in chronic illnesses in the body. As you age your body needs more vitamins and nutrients to perform efficiently and maintain the most optimal health state.
While a healthy lifestyle starts with diet and exercise, it can be hard to ensure that your body is getting the appropriate amount of vitamins and supplements it needs to be optimized.
How do I know what vitamins and supplements I should take?
Ways2Well uses prescription vitamins and supplements to treat the underlying, root causes of chronic disease and illnesses before they take effect on your system. However, there are thousands of different vitamin and supplement products on the shelves of every grocery store and it’s hard to know which ones are beneficial. The vitamin and supplement industry is highly unregulated by the FDA unless they are being distributed through a licensed pharmacy. That means you can be taking vitamins off the shelf, or from an online manufacturer that haven’t been tested…or worse…proven to be effective at all.
Through comprehensive blood panels, our Ways2Well clinical team can identify what your body is lacking and prescribe effective, customized vitamins and supplements to keep you healthier, longer.
Ways2Well offers several different custom vitamin and supplement regimens for our patients.
- NAD+ /5mg: NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) is a key component to regulating a healthy metabolism, protecting cells, and preventing some of the effects of aging. Low NAD+ levels have been linked to health concerns like aging and chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and vision loss.
- L-Theanine /100mg: L-Theanine is a naturally-derived amino acid that has several potential benefits. Research suggests that it increases focus, aids in stress relief, and can improve inflammation.
- Thiamine /1 mg: Thiamine (also known as Vitamin B1): helps the body utilize energy from food. Thiamine supplementation can help prevent fatigue, regulate metabolism, and support the immune system.
- L-Methylfolate /1mg:L-Methylfolate is a Folic Acid supplement that helps your body produce and regulate cells. Studies also suggest that it can improve mood and support heart health.
- B-12 /1500mg: Vitamin B-12 is an essential component to red blood cell formation, cell metabolism, and nerve function. Research suggests that B-12 is beneficial to heart health, brain health, and energy levels.
- Vitamin D /1000iu: Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that is found in several foods and is also produced by the body as a response to sun exposure. An estimated 42% of Americans are deficient in Vitamin D., which can result in weaker bones, mood swings, low energy, and chronic disease.
RestoreRx is a great anti-aging vitamin compound that also addresses weight management. With a blend of Metformin, Chromium, DHEA and Resveratrol, this vitamin is also great for hormone optimization.
- Metformin HCL /250mg: Metformin is a medication that is used to control high blood sugar. Originally derived from the French lilac plant, metformin has been used for decades as a treatment for insulin sensitivity. Clinical trials are currently underway to determine metformin’s effect on anti-aging.
- DHEA /15mg: DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is a hormone that activates receptors in your body that determine how you metabolize and store fat.
- Resveratrol /5mg: Resveratrol is a plant-derived compound that acts like an antioxidant. It can help reduce inflammation, lower cholesterol, and prevent insulin resistance.
- Chromium Picolinate /500mcg : Chromium is a mineral that is known to enhance the metabolism and storage of carbohydrates, fat, and protein.